You can import records into your sql database in the form of an excel sheet using phpmyadmin.
Step 1: Excel sheet with records to be inserted
- Create an excel sheet with all the records to be inserted into your database.
- The columns of the excel sheet will be same as the table columns
- Format your excel sheet as per the table columns and then delete the first row with column heading
Step 2: Converting Excel into CSV
- Go to File – > Save As
- Now enter the name of the file and select the File Type as CSV, and click Save
- Select the required table and click Import
- Select the .csv file
- Format of imported file – Select ‘ CSV using LOAD DATA ‘
- Fields terminated by: Change ” ; ” to ” , ” and leave the rest as it is and click GO.
And you are done 🙂
[important]Important: Don’t try to import more than 50 records at a time ![/important]
Latest posts by Amogh Desai (see all)
- Pune Hams and Amateur Radio Club’s Fox Hunt - 17/01/2017
- Hermes-Lite Transceiver v1.22 with Bemicro SDK FPGA Board - 08/11/2016
- Homebrewed Icom to LDG Tuner cable (LDG IC-PAC) - 26/10/2016